- Toxic Timebomb
- Mobile Apps
- Blogs I love
- Healthy Recipe Sites
- Causes and Petitions
- My Videos
- Upcoming Events
Here are some general suggestions from my presentation “Toxic Timebomb: How everyday chemicals impact fertility & health” to help your body cope with the chemicals we are exposed to every day (please consult your healthcare professional for specific advice & guidance):
- Detox / address gut health (pref before pregnancy) – Probiotics, fermented foods or a gentle detox program. Do NOT do a detox program whilst pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Diet is key to changing microbial makeup & genetic expression. No one diet suits everyone, but common factors to avoid are sugar, trans-fats, wheat & dairy (consider GAPS diet for longer-term healing of gut).
- Organic food (preferably certified organic or grow your own) to reduce chemical load & GMOs. Soaking produce in water & vinegar for 10 minutes will reduce the chemicals on the surface of non-organic foods.
- Exercise – sweat it out
- Regular bowel movements – Magnesium will help. Adequate water & 30g+ fibre/day
- Eat more cruciferous veg – broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts, etc.
- Garlic & onion – prebiotics + sulphur to aid detox pathways
- Turmeric – methylation adaptogen – eat with fats &/or black pepper to improve bioavailability
- Chlorophyll – dark leafy greens, green powder like this or this
- 1-4g Vitamin C per day (most brands made from GMO corn – look for non-GMO brands)
- Milk Thistle (equiv 600mg Silymarin/day) to support liver function. I recomend this supplement.
- B vitamins
- Vitamin D – a few minutes of sunshine each day or a good D3 supplement
- Avoid folic acid (synthetic) – instead eat dark leafy veg rich in natural folate or supplement with active natural folate
- Omega 3 fats
- Filtered water
- Sleep – 9pm-midnight the most important hours. Microbiota changes with sleep.
- Swap current household & personal care products for safer alternatives (see ‘Shop‘)
- Avoid non-stick cookware (stainless steel is the healthiest option)
- Remove shoes before entering your house to avoid tracking pesticides & herbicides over your floor (especially important if you have a young baby crawling around)
- Live in the moment, but be mindful of the future. What you’re doing right now matters!
InnerOrigin (Independent Advocate store)
- An easy way to shop for healthy food & products online anywhere, any time
- All products verified for ‘truth on label’ by an independent Product Advisory Board
- Customers can take advantage of the ‘Refer A Friend’ program to earn discount vouchers
- Join the Rewards Program to earn points every time you shop that can be redeemed on goods or donated to charities to feed disadvantaged families
- Click/tap HERE to get the app
The Chemical Maze
– Easily browse through either Food Additives or Cosmetic Ingredients
– Search for Additives/Ingredients by name
– Search for Food Additives by INS number – Example 621 or E621 – MSG
– User friendly rating codes for each Additive/Ingredient
- Search results for Food Additives and Cosmetic Ingredients the way you want them:
– Identify the Risk Levels of each
– Discover those to avoid based on Dietary Restrictions
– Identify those that may cause various Symptoms or Ailments
– Discover which ones affect different parts of your Body or System – Find out what they are derived from
Download from the App Store or Google Play
Diet Doctor (LCHF/Keto)
Unity Wellness provides health-related information to assist people in making their own choices. While we have exercised due care to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, it is not intended to be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice. Unity Wellness does not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.
AFFILIATE & ADVOCATE LINKS
This post/site may contain Affliate links or links to my Independent Advocate store. By clicking these links, you pay no more for the products/services, but I will receive a commission on purchases to keep this site running & support my family (thank you!). I will never promote any products or services that I would not be happy to use myself.
This website is owned and operated by an independent InnerOrigin Advocate and is not endorsed by InnerOrigin Pty Ltd or InnerOrigin Australia Pty Ltd or any of their respective associated companies. Any opinions expressed on this website are made by, and are the responsibility of, the individual Advocate and should not be construed as a representation of the opinions of InnerOrigin Pty Ltd, InnerOrigin Australia Pty Ltd or any of their associated companies.